This calculator is intended to provide you with an
age-graded race time and an achievement percentile for a recent performance at a specific
race distance. Age-graded information allows you to:
- Adjust your performance to what it theoretically would
have been during your prime running years (your 20's and a portion of your
30's depending on the race distance).
- Judge your performance, using an achievement
percentile, without bias for gender or the aging process (in other words,
you are measured against a specific standard for your age and sex).
These percentiles can be interpreted as follows:
- Over 90% --- World Class
- Over 80% --- National Class
- Over 70% --- Regional Class
- Over 60% --- Local Class
- Compare your performances for a specific race distance
at various ages to determine which was your "best race".
If, for example, you are a 55 year old male and want
to see age-graded
information for a time of 21:45 that you recently ran in a 5K race, simply:
- enter 55 in the Age field
- select Male in the Gender field
- select 5 Kilometers as the Race Distance.
- enter 21 in the Minutes field and 45 in the Seconds field
for Race Time.
- press the Calculate Age-Graded Race Time & Percentile button.
- the age-graded race time and achievement percentile will appear.
Note: Age-graded tables were
researched and compiled by the World Association of Veteran Athletes (WAVA).